Friday 23 December 2011

Winter Solstice

             It was a beautiful day here for Winter Solstice the sun was shinning all day and it was quite warm.I pottered about the house doing a few jobs and out into the garden to do a bit of tidying up and put some fresh food out for the birds.All was quite peaceful I could of stayed out for a long time but the light stopped me.These are a few photos I took of the sky as the sun was going down.



           I read in a few blog's that I follow that some were joining in with a fire ceremony to release the old year and shift up into the new ,The Mother of all releasing ceremony. All you have to do is make a little bundle with a square of fabric and assemble some herbs,incense and add some small bits of paper with your releasing wishes on then tie it up,then burn it..  So last night at 10 pm I made my little bundle with my incense and some sage and lemon thyme,I took my little cauldron into the garden and there I did my own little ceremony.These are my photos of my bundle smouldering away.Now !!when I looked back through my photos on some of them I could see pictures in the smoke,is it my eyes just playing tricks on me or do you see any ?Please let me know,and no I had not had one to many before I saw them LOL.I did enjoy my little ceremony and pleased I joined in and will be watching out for any more.Look forward to your comments.Hope you had a lovely Solstice what ever you were doing. 
    Bye for now,Love Jill xx



     

1 comment:

  1. Your photos really captured the way the light fades away at the end of these short mid-winter days.

    ReplyDelete