Thursday 21 June 2012

Weather.

     Well,its rained and rained here today bouncing on the road, at one point we had a shallow river running down the hill outside our house,its a wonder there wasn't ducks swimming in it.I thought it was summer seems more like winter.I got it wrong didn't I !!  I would of been at Glastonbury or Stone Henge on my own today celebrating, that will teach me not to watch much telly or listen to the news or read the newspaper,I will have to try to keep up and come out of my own little world once in a while.Well summer solstice is today really only yesterday when its one of those funny years called a leap year.
     I did get up and go for a short walk as it was pouring down and I have enough washing to dry didn't need more wet clothes.I did a few jobs around the house cooked dinner and then sewing.I am so addicted at the moment Iv made all sorts,2 large floor cushions,started another quilt  and some more smaller cushions.Maria came to see me with Lewis and Scott,Billy was at school.They have both just stopped having their dummy's at bed time and doing really really well bless them,Scott found one today in a bag so they had to make a special trip to the play park to put it on the dummy tree for the faeries to take away.When they got here they had to run off upstairs to find Grandmas fairy books to look for the dummy fairy and they did find one,shes a very pretty one with beautiful long wings,that's the one Lewis picked out any way.Oh to be a child again with so much innocence its a shame they grow up.
     I'm going now to have a quick look at what you have done today.Night night sleep tight love Jill xx

8 comments:

  1. It bucketed it down here yesterday too! And they call this Summer! Love the story about the dummy fairy! The innocence of children!
    Have a great weekend!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. How busy you've been, wish I could say the same Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill the weather is awful isnt it ,it just never stops raining does it ,i do hope it gets better xxxxyou sound like you have been very busy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this weather - when is it going to stop chucking it down and blowing a hoolie? we haven't had it too bad here, but I feel for those who are bearing the brunt of it. The dummy faerie incident is so sweet!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill,
    I know what you mean. The weather here has been bad too. Today was a dry day thank goodness !!!
    I love the dummy fairy story. What a great way to ease them off the dummy ; )
    Have a great day and I do hope a dry one ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are not getting much of a summer this year, I keep hoping it will improve but maybe its going to continue to rain, well at least the resevoirs might be full soon!

    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments,we have had so much rain here today tomorrow must be dry the clouds must be running out of rain by now hopefully.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jill, I love your dummy fairy story, I'm going to have to copy you! I've created a little fairy garden in a tub in my garden (you'll see it on my blog if you're interested) and you've given me the idea to use that somehow to try to wean my 3 year old grand daughter off her dummy. She's in Dubai with her mum and dad just now and I found 10 dummies scattered round my house hidden in all sorts of places!! Clearly she was worried she might lose one lol. I'll let you know how we get on with the dummy fairy - although I'm not holding out too much hope on it, I think her addiction is serious lol.

    ReplyDelete